Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Saving Easter with my peeps



Mikkena and I were walking through the Holiday section of Smiths when Mikkena told me that Easter was her favorite holiday. Since, I measure each holiday strictly by candy quality I was naturally appalled. The only holiday that has worse candy than Easter is Arbor day. As a kid I remember waking up early on Easter morning and biting off the head of a chalky, hollow, and pastel chocolate bunny. I have never been more disappointed. The only thing that saved Easter for me is low-budget black licorice jelly beans. MMMM (and I'm serious they're delicious). I hope you had your hanky near for that story.



That's why I never want to see another child suffer the same horrible fate as me. After Mikkena told me that she has always wanted a chocolate bunny for Easter I decided that I will need to find and test several chocolate bunnies to ensure that Easter remains Mikkena's favorite holiday. I won't let you down!



First off, this one.



Don't let it's packaging deceive you. Even though the bunny is labeled "yummy" and "totally delicious" I was suspicious. Methinks the bunny doth protest to much. Sure enough it was revolting. It tasted like way-too-sweet syrupy wax. Also, I can't get over how sad it is to bite into a hollow bunny. Good thing I was only out a buck.

The next one I tried was a Dove bunny. This one had some clear improvements over Mr. braggy bunny. First off it was solid chocolate. The chocolate was rich and not too sweet. In fact it was exactly like the smaller dove chocolates except larger and in the shape of a bunny. I don't know why I expected something different. It was more of an investment at $3.50, but it was superior in every way to the first test rabbit. Given how many choco bunnies I will probably go through, I have imposed a 5 dollar limit per bunny. The search must go on!



After testing bunnies we did the next logical thing, we tried to see how many Peeps we can stuff in our mouths at one time.


Our friend AJ successfully got 5 marshmallow fowls into his mouth.







I got 10. I think I had room for one or two more but the little dudes kept pushing on my gaggy ball.



Tune in next time for more bunny tests, but in the mean time, we are having Hanging With the Hill's first contest. I will find the most delicious chocolate bunny and award it to the individual who can shove the most peeps in his or her mouth. Here are the rules



1. You must have a witness.



2. You must be able to completely close your mouth.



3. I want a picture.






Just cram, snap a pic, and send it to me jaredrhill@yahoo.com . The person with the most peeps gets a choco bunny.




10 comments:

Sherine said...

ahem. where to start. um... gaggy ball?

I went ahead and anounced the contest to my peeps. I won't be participating.. but will require 1/2 of the chocolate bunny if we win as brokers fee. :)

Jared Hill said...

My money's on Deacon.

Nyssa said...

is there a due date?

Adi said...

I would participate but I'm sure my "gaggy ball" wouldn't like it, being pregnant and all. I'll see if Sabe will do it!

Jared Hill said...

The contest will end on Easter.

Brittanie said...

Those pictures made my teeth hurt!! I don't know if I'm playing this one.

I'm interested to see who wins the chocolate bunny contest though!

HRHSpence said...

Just the thought of all that sugar in my mouth at once makes me shudder. However, I am sure Zac will want to compete.

I suggest that you add a "most peeps eaten in 3 minutes" contest to this.

Nyssa said...

I am also going to enter and I will win

Stacie said...

Nice - I'm with you on the waxy bunnies. My fav (which is my fav b/c they are sooo delicious and my fav b/c they can be color coordinated to ANY holiday) is the good 'ol peanut M&M's. You can't go wrong. However, the Cadbury mini -eggs are a nice second place. Good luck on the bunny. I hope your quest is successful. (ps - nice of you to take the hit and "test" all of the bunnies for Mikkena).

Daisy said...

Ugh! Peeps make me SICK! But I wouldn't mind seeing how many chocolate bunnies I could eat in a day! LOL!