Monday, September 8, 2008

There's real nature out there


The family decided to go camping. Even Amber. Because this was Amber's bi-lifetime camping extravaganza, I think it deserves to be fully documented. We ate tinfoil dinners and then we had smores.



After noticing Mikkena's sugar-rushed facial expressions, I decided to limit the smore intake to 15 (at least that's how many I had). Notice how Amber is eating her smore with her pinkie up.


Amber presented a delicious and unique style of smore-making. First she would melt the chocolate and smear it onto the gram cracker, then she would de-skin a roasted marshmallow to avoid contaminating the smore with excessive gooiness, but there is often a price to pay for rogue smore making.


Kablooey



On the way up to the campsite, Amber phoned a friend to let her know where we were going and how long we planned on being gone. Amber told her friend, "If we are not back by dark tomorrow send help, because I am without food and luxuries". I thought to my self, "this is going to be a long trip". I could not have been more wrong. My ladies were troopers. It was much colder than I had expected, and we forgot a ground pad. Yet everyone enjoyed themselves. Amber volunteered to sleep on the ground and let me have the only pad. Also, Mikkena had her first unassisted outdoor pee (I usually build her a rock toilet). Sometimes it's good to be a man.


And as you can see, the cats missed us terribly.

5 comments:

Adi said...

awwwwww That pic of the kitties is so cute!! I'm going to try and remember to call you guys tomorrow. I keep forgetting. Glad you had fun camping :)

Sherine said...

I've often wondered how to spell ...kablooey. thank you.

Brittanie said...

Oooh fun! I love to camp. S'mores are the best part, but I've never been able to eat 15. My teeth start aching after 3. I'm proud of Amber for getting out an volunteering to not have the ground pad? Man, I'd be selfish like that. lol.

Stacie said...

Don't let Amber fool you - I have personally camped with her more than twice in her life. She can do it, she just doesn't choose to (most of the time). Looks like you guys had a great time. Gotta love tinfoil dinners and s'mores.

Amber Hill said...

I don't know who this imposter is claiming to be Stacie. Stating that she has camped on numerous occasions and experienced the 1/2 scorched 1/2 raw delights of tin foil dinners. But I can't recall these so called outings and I think I would remember an extension cord leading from home all the way to the woods for her industrial strength hair dryer! LOVE YA STACE!