Saturday, October 11, 2008

Babies and Pumpkin Guts

I'm so excited about Halloween that I just put a dentist on retainer. But sadly, I am starting to realize that 28-year-old trick-or-treaters are kind of creepy. For the last couple of years I've been able piggyback on Mikkena, because 28-year-old guys taking their daughters trick-or-treating isn't creepy at all, it's adorable! Later I steal all of her candy. But today I realized that my window of opportunity is closing fast. This week Mikkena is turning 10. Pretty soon she will be too old to be my trick-or-treating excuse. I need another baby, and fast!







In addition to stockpiling black market insulin, we decided to prepare for Halloween with a good 'ol fashioned pumpkin carve.






Guess the movie.

My favorite part of carving pumpkins is having a big bowl of pumpkin guts to run my hands through and throw at people. Good times.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

so Jer, The pumpkins look pretty good. When we carve ours we'll have to have a contest.Do you remember the one of Quark that dad did?Carving pumpkins is the best.

Brittanie said...

Oh, yay for Nightmare Before Christmas pumpkins!! I like the one of Jack the best.

We're not doing pumpkins. We have no place to put them. It still makes me really sad though. I want to live in a place with an outside door so I can have my pumpkins back!! *pout*

Stacie said...

Nice pumpkins- you guys are talented. Hey, you can always pull a Steve - take a second bag and ask each house if you can have another piece of candy for your sick brother (or in your case, your sick kid). I'm told it works. If not, you can always borrow one of our kids for a while :)

Sherine said...

As a parent you are entitled to 10% of all candy. It's only fair. And it's only fair that you take gretchen and tally along. They've got to earn they're keep too.

Oh yeah.. and after my kids pick out all the yellow green and pink candies you can have what's left.

Megan said...

I love your girly pumpkin she is adorable. The littles x's in her cheeks giver her just the right touch! Also I just want to say I am excited to finally be able to post a comment on your blog. Tell Amber she should be proud!

HRHSpence said...

Funny post!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/mattjhamblin/scouts013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/mattjhamblin/scouts014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/mattjhamblin/scouts015.jpg

Here is a series of pix of Max that you might enjoy. Note that Zac is not moving or noticing max at all.