Tuesday, October 7, 2008

severed limbs and electric chairs


I've got to thank Jack Skellington the next time I see him. Dressing up as John Travolta, going door to door begging for tasty morsels, screaming till you pass out.......man, I can't think of a better holiday. We started off this month's festivities by going to a haunted house. We went to the Scream Asylum in Provo. I give it 3 out of 5 dead clown heads (for those of you who don't know, that's the official haunted house rating system). It was cheaper than other houses, but it was shorter too.

Going to haunted houses is always a blast, especially when one member of the family screams at the top of her lungs for 15 minutes and then runs into a wall (I'll give you a hint, it's not the 9-year-old). Three years ago, Amber used her 10-year-old nephew Cody as a human shield to fend off evil clowns. He's still not over it. Really, ask him.

Each year the trip starts off with Mikkena teasing Amber about last year and bragging about how she "totally saw the guy with the chainsaw coming". That is until we actually get there.


"Daddy, I think this is a bad idea"

After being attacked by a headless man carrying a rack of dismembered body parts, Amber was awarded the quote of the day.

"Jared, hold me! Mikkena can fend for herself!"

Well we made it, and we got to keep the cool 3-D glasses. If you look closely you can see my ruptured right eardrum. It was a scream!

7 comments:

Brittanie said...

Okay, all of that reminds me of the haunted house that you, Adrienne, my boyfriend Jared and I went to. Do you remember that? Do you remember Adrienne screaming at the top of her lungs before we ever got inside because of the guy standing directly behind her?



I really wish we'd gotten a picture of her face.

Stacie said...

Good times guys! Maybe next time try something a bit more tame - Boo at the Zoo... a possibility????

Unknown said...

Well, I never really liked haunted houses so the scariest one I went to was the ride at Disney Land.I have to admit, the eyes kinda fit you Jer. Just kidding. Dad and I have never gone to a haunted house. I guess he was afraid I'd have a heart attack before we were done.

Brittanie said...

lol, it will be "uncle Jared is da bomb, but we're working on it a piece at a time! lol

Adi said...

you guys will have to watch Marcus so Sabe and I can go to a haunted house. I have a feeling he wouldn't like it if mom kept screaming :P

Sherine said...

Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday... I got my fill of haunted houses just by hearing your play by play:)

Nyssa said...

oh my, I thought Amber would be ok at Haunted Houses. All I know is that I will never go inside a haunted house without an extra pair of pants :)