Sunday, July 27, 2008

Party like it's 1847!


On the 24th we celebrated just like Brigham would have wanted us to, with blowing things up, eating Mexican food, swimming, and Popsicles. Well at least we spent the time with family. Part one of our two-day pioneer extravaganza was spent at Amber's brother Todd's house where Sherine made delicious carne asada, and we were surrounded by wonderful company.




Todd lit off fireworks, pausing only to deliver a fear-invoking lecture about uncle DJ and getting hands blown off by playing with fireworks. Let's just say it was one of those do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do kind of lectures.



I think all of the Harding kids are genetically-engineered or maybe there are three small wonders.



I thought about making a Tagan collage, but I have recently been accused of favoritism. Its not my fault he happens to be there every time I have a camera.






Even the toughest (and cutest) critics enjoyed themselves.



Part two of Pioneer day fun was held the next day at our house. Amber made enchiladas and we played three rousing games of Cranium. A party's not a party until Amber spins around simulating a tornado, or Sabin pulls off two minutes of John Wayne impressions, "Hey there lil' lady".


Next we lit more fireworks. The highlight of the night was the tank war. They just don't make em like they used to. This tank had to be re-lit three times (apparently I wasn't listening during the uncle DJ hand stump lecture). Eventually Sabin had the great idea to place a small fountain underneath the tank.


We were all saved by the preparation of the safety committee.




Thanks Babe!

4 comments:

Brittanie said...

My year so far has been firework-less. *sigh* I'm glad you celebrated Pioneer Day well. Erin and I had a pretty boring day.

lol at the tank war though!

Sherine said...

I love the title jared...

♥Shally said...

I am so glad you posted about it, since Sherine and I were all blogged out!! ☺

Stacie said...

Sounds like a "blast". Glad you had fun and I'm sure our pioneer ancestors celebrated in exactly the same way :)