Monday, July 21, 2008

Surprise Guest Part Two

Amber frantically called me at work, "Jared! I think there is a snake in the walls!" Knowing that there is very little chance a snake crawled up to the third floor of our condo building and got stuck in the walls, I didn't think about it very much. The next morning I was awoken by something rustling around in the walls, and Amber yelling, "Did you hear it?!" "See, I'm not crazy!" Amber and Mikkena hid safely in the bedroom while I investigated.

I took the dryer vent off to see a beak and two evil little eyes staring back at me (everything seems scarier when you think there's a devil snake in your walls). Actually it was a small, cute bird with a yellow bill. I put our cat carrier on the vent and it hopped in.


The bird safely returned to its home. We weren't sure if it was hurt or not, but judging by how fast it flew away, we think it is OK.

Also, Roxy is now the pocket pet of the loving Birchall family in Highland. We are glad Roxy is healthy and happy.

3 comments:

Sherine said...

You guys are a magnet for hurt or unwanted pets. Can't wait to see what shows up next.

Stacie said...

Wait,so, is Roxy with her original owners or was she "adopted" another time by a similarly generous family? She is so cute, I'm surprised anyone lost her in the first place

Amber Hill said...

Just to clarify a little. First I didn't call Jared, we were already on the phone when I heard the beast in the wall. Secondly, I thought it was 1st a mouse, 2nd a snake because it was so frantic, and 3rd a bird. The next morning Jared and I awoke and and all the sudden, fluttering. We looked at each other. So now here is a cute picture of Jared the HERO and a sad story of Amber the psycho. Just for the record.

PS Roxy is with my friend Lori. Who you may remember did Brandi's flower arrangements at her wedding. They were oh so beautiful! But we are pet sitting this weekend, if your kids want to see Roxy.