Thursday, August 7, 2008

Man-Blogging

Man Bloggers Unite!

That was going to be the title of this entry, but I realized that it was the same as saying, “Sasquatches Unite!” or “Good food at IHOP unite!” I keep hearing that there are other man-bloggers out there but I have never seen one. Recently I came close. Shally sent me a link to a man-blog site,



It may be true, this guy may be legit, but I ask you, why does he need to hide his identity? What is he afraid of, that all his guy friends will find his blog and make fun of him? That would be a dumb conversation.


Guy friend, “Dude, it’s pretty dumb that you blog”.


Closet man-blogger, “Dude, it’s pretty dumb that you read blogs”.


Anyway, I do think it’s time to add some chest hair to my blog.


In all seriousness, man-blogging is a lonely endeavor. It seems like many of the stereotypical man-blog topics would make for boring blog entries. Although I am considering doing future entries on B.O., male-pattern baldness, gridlock traffic, and why working all day makes me exempt from household duties. O.K. I guess I can never stick with the “in all seriousness” thing. Even though many people consider blogging to be neo-scrapbooking, I still like it. It's nice to be able to stay in touch with people you care about, and record events for posterity. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think. What does blogging say about a man?

6 comments:

Brittanie said...

So, um...Matt just started a blog. lol. http://softkoregamer.blogspot.com/

MBCannady said...

manblogging.... sounds like a medical condition. But seriously, I have a good friend that has been blogging for a while now mikidees.blogspot.com (they both post frequently)

Stacie said...

You are secure enough in your sexuality to blog...
Really - you are just trying to keep in touch with others and to let others keep in touch with you. I don't know that our blog is "feminine", it is just family. Keep it up brotha!!

Adi said...

I didn't realize blogging was a gender thing. Is Man-blogging kinda like carrying around a man-bag? :)

Sherine said...

I'm going to send over some nads so Amber can take care of that chest hair of yours. Do you dye it black? I'd be more worried about that than the blogging.

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Jared - I saw that a few people had been referred to my blog (MormonHusbands.blogspot.com)from yours, so I thought I'd check yours out. You've got a pretty good man-blog, in all honesty. But did you notice on Cody's Scrabble board that the words "Dad", "Dork", and "Round" are all built off one another? Just evidence of a smart kid getting a subtle jab in at his pops. Great random photo of chest hair. It adds a nice touch.

To answer your questions - yes, I am legit. I am a happly-married, fully-employed, well-adjusted, 33-year-old male. Second, I keep my identity secrect because I do not like to call attention to myself. Lastly, I think most men do not blog because it requires being communicative, expressive, and creative. It also requires some time and energy. Most men lack those qualities. But not you and me. Oh no, we're the special ones. (Or at least that what my mom tells me.)