Sunday, August 24, 2008

Simpler Times

It happened sooner than I expected. I hit the blog wall. I used to be full of ideas. I used to pace myself so that I wouldn't post every day. Now I'm judging every life event as blog-worthy or not. Yeah that birthday party was cool, but was it blog-cool? I decided that I need to just think less and blog more. It's not always the big events that I want to remember, sometimes I want to remember those funny little moments. Like this one.





Who needs TV when you've got this hot plasma? I think this show is called "take me to your leader" expect to see it soon on Fox.


Anyway, I had the day off, but you wouldn't know it from the 12 work calls I received. We decided that it was time to just turn my cell phone off.





Now that we've transported ourselves back to a simpler time, we can enjoy summer fun the way we used to.



By riding lawn mowers (although this is a luxury I never had. I mowed uphill both-ways in the snow with a push-mower).



We also had time to blow dandy-lions.




And look cute while squishing our cats. What are your favorite things to do in the summertime?















4 comments:

Sherine said...

well hang wit the hills of course.. thanks for the fun day yesterday:)

Brittanie said...

I love to be outside...which is why Erin is so blonde and tan right now. lol.


So...did you really smash your work phone??

Stacie said...

Don't worry Jared, just blog away. Think of it as your own personal scrapbook/journal. Don't pace yourself, just go! There will be more some weeks, less some weeks, but even your everyday life is something you'll later probably treasure so... Blog on baby!!!

Adi said...

That picture of amber squishing the kitty... I have a picture that's almost exactly like that. Same look on her face, same cat and same thing int he background right behind her head! WEIRD